Follow Up - Would You Deny Your Son?

Chief1C

I find this very troubling and then I wouldnt know what I would do if I were in her shoes. Its really sad for the kid he is the one that in the end will suffer the most either with the chemo or with out. And I know there isnt a parent out there that would want to see their child suffering. Thanks 4C6 for posting the follow up I have been following this story every since it hit the news.

They are supposedly with a man who survived cancer when he was I believe 13 or 14.

But if this kid dies because this person coerced them in leaving then he needs to be charged.

Maybe it's just me, but Dad seems very aloof in his responses. Mom, I'm sure, truely believes she's making the right choice for him, and if he was in a later stage maybe she would be, but if he's still early with a 90%+ survival chance why gamble that away to follow the teachings of an ex-con that served time for fraud(!) from selling bogus natural remedies(!!). You've got to be kidding me. Then, you can join his American Indian group for only $250 up front and $100 a year, which is just a legal way to do what he was already convicted of. Are you kidding me!? They are going to stake their childs survival on this guy!? These parents could probably use a stint under the microscope outside of just this one childs treatments. Keep in mind they have 7 others.

This is all quite interesting, parental rights vs. well being of child.

I think the entire family should undergo psych evals, if all are within "norms" the family should be able to decide how to take care of the child, and the child should give his input as well.

I was following this story too.

Actually Terri, I was reading the first article right before I logged on here and saw your post. The thing that bothers me is the kid is so brainwashed against the chemo. With the proper facts and education, kids do respond to treatments better (at least mentally) when they understand and they and their families are involved in the care.

Also, the Dad is in LE so should have some pull on stepping up the search, or being more aggressive. I have little doubt he knows when and where they went.