NREMT Paramed Drug List?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the op, why do you need to know about any drugs?, just asking because aren't you an emt?. As far as a Iam aware in your area emt's don't need to know anything about drugs even on 911 crews.

Still makes no sense to me when iam on scene I don't let the emt's do anything but drive, less liability that way.

I bet your a peach for your partners.

I can say that If I took that attitude, I know of at least 1 if not several patients who would be dead because my EMT (through luck or skill) tagged some intervention or skill or clue or scene dynamic I missed.

In our system, we teach ourt EMTS everything from medications, ETT, 12 leads, even crics, even though its all out of scope for them, because our EMTS are part of our team and our medics need relaible hands who know generally what the medic is going to do, need, or think.

It also helps with retention, and gives most the bug they need to advance to paramedic school.

Sorry for going off topic....

Edited by croaker260

As one that just attended the test writers for the NREMT a few weeks ago, I can say that the NHTSA curriculum and as well as the medications found for the ECC in ACLS. All cardiac related questions are referred to those sources.

R/r 911