NREMT Paramed Drug List?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking about this.

I find it weird that there is no official list that we work from. I'm not sure if it should be at the national level or the county level but why not a repository of med sheets that we work from with consistency?

I was just thinking about this.

I find it weird that there is no official list that we work from. I'm not sure if it should be at the national level or the county level but why not a repository of med sheets that we work from with consistency?

That is primarily due to each state having their own separate protocols and scopes of practice. They all have different medical directions within those states that pick and chose what medications they want to be used by pre-hospital personnel.

The only meds that I am aware of that are constant nation wide, are the ACLS meds. Although I cannot find any definite answers on what medications that are asked on the exam, it would be my guess that there aren't any or they would be ones stated in the ACLS. When I took the exam, I was asked about atropine a few times. I have asked others who have taken the exam and most cannot recall any specific questions on medications.

The same from me. Know your ACLS Drugs and you should do fine.

Might want to think about d-50 and narcan too but I don't think I've seen those listed from people who took the test.

So, no random drugs on there?

Had some friends who took it (who went to a different school than me) who said they saw really random drugs on there they didn't even recognize (I'm thinking they must have been home meds in scenarios if you guys are saying only the basic meds are on there).

To the op, why do you need to know about any drugs?, just asking because aren't you an emt?. As far as a Iam aware in your area emt's don't need to know anything about drugs even on 911 crews.

He's probably a paramedic student he did state "someone who went to a different school than me" Plus look a the title line "paramed"

Edited by tskstorm