Hi!

Anna_09

Hi everyone!

Well, my name is Anna, and I'm an EMT-Basic here in New Mexico. I work as a volunteer in a rural community. Any hospital is at least one hour away from us.

I'm about to graduate high school...and I'm glad I've found my passion in life...helping other people. I didn't realize how much of a difference I made until a little girl I helped a couple months back came up to me the other day, and she said she still has the teddy bear and blanket that I gave her. :)

I've been working as a basic for over a year now, and even though I still have tons to learn, I'm glad I found this field of work.

Hi everyone!

Well, my name is Anna, and I'm an EMT-Basic here in New Mexico. I work as a volunteer in a rural community. Any hospital is at least one hour away from us.

I'm about to graduate high school...and I'm glad I've found my passion in life...helping other people. I didn't realize how much of a difference I made until a little girl I helped a couple months back came up to me the other day, and she said she still has the teddy bear and blanket that I gave her. :)

I've been working as a basic for over a year now, and even though I still have tons to learn, I'm glad I found this field of work.

Welcome to the business and welcome to the board!

Hello Anna

Welcome to the field that after 23yrs I still find rewarding!!! You will learn constantly. I have kept the letters that I have received from the

over the years. Enjoy running calls and share your stories. Remember to share the bad as much as the good. You need to share a little tip from over the years.

2wheelie

(anna)

Hahahaha, you have no clue how many times I've heard "Where's the border here?"

;) "Just south about 150- 200 miles!!" lol

But I'm glad I serve in a rural area. I live in the small villiage of Fort Sumner. We have basics, intermediates, and paramedics here...along with people who just strictly drive. There's about 22 of us all together, and we only have 3 ambulances. But I love serving here. Our town only has about 1500 or so people in it.

Thanks for the welcome. I do love this field...in fact, my last call was just last night...a cardiac. And because the hospital is so far away...the call went out at about 11pm, and we didn't get back until almost 3am. But it was an interesting call. It was me, and intermediate, and a paramedic in the back..so yeah.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.