Best school for EMT/Paramedic training in Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Hi-

I am trying to enroll in a EMT/Paramedic training program for this fall. I live in the Twin Cities(MPLS actually) of Minnesota. Does anyone have any insight into which either Century College's(White Bear Lake) program or Inver Hills Community College's program?

Both are about the same distance for me to travel but Inver Hills might work better for me in relation to a potential job move I might be making sometime during my studies.

Anyone know if either school has anything better or worse about it for EMS training?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Ryan T.

Finding an accredited school is your first step. Look here to see if either of the ones you listed are accredited.

If neither is listed, please seriously consider attending a school that is.

-be safe

Edited by paramedicmike

Talk to people who have attended these schools. Wouldn't hurt to stop by the college and talk with the instructors. I could go to the ambulance stations as well and speak with the paramedics there about the schools. More often than not, most of them probably attended these schools and could give you better insight than anyone on here, most of which whom probably never even heard of the colleges.