Only in America!

Lone Star

After reading this, I wasn't sure whether to post it under 'non-ems discussions' or 'funny stuff'....

It's a sad day when 'bodily functions' get you in trouble!

For your reading amusement:

Student suspended for passing gas on bus

Driver writes up teen on misbehavior form; eighth-grader denies offense

LAKELAND, Fla. - An eighth-grader was suspended from riding the school bus for three days after being accused of passing gas.

The bus driver wrote on a misbehavior form that a 15-year-old teen passing gas on the bus on March 16 to make the other children laugh, creating a stench so bad that it was difficult to breathe. The bus driver handed the teen the suspension form the next day.

Polk County school officials said there's no rule against flatulence, but there are rules against causing a disturbance on the bus.

The teen, Jonathan Locke Jr., said he wasn't the culprit.

"It wasn't even me," Locke told The Ledger newspaper. "It was a kid who sits in front of me."

Whether he did it or not, he might have gotten off easy. A 13-year-old student at a Stuart school was arrested in November after authorities said he broke wind in class.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bus driver wrote on a misbehavior form that a 15-year-old teen passing gas on the bus on March 16 to make the other children laugh, creating a stench so bad that it was difficult to breathe. The bus driver handed the teen the suspension form the next day.

It wasn't as if he had an abnormal amount of gas, he was farting to make people laugh and be obnoxious. I don't see a problem in the suspension. It falls under "disruptive behavior"

It wasn't as if he had an abnormal amount of gas, he was farting to make people laugh and be obnoxious. I don't see a problem in the suspension. It falls under "disruptive behavior"

I'll buy that in the classroom, but not on the bus. What is he disrupting on the bus?

Besides, he says he didn't do it. No teenage boy is going to deny a great fart if it was his. ;)

I'll buy that in the classroom, but not on the bus. What is he disrupting on the bus?

Besides, he says he didn't do it. No teenage boy is going to deny a great fart if it was his. ;)

Probably the girl sitting next to him actually did it. B)

Supplied it. You can't apply a fart.

You need to spend a little more time in fire stations.

Those guys know how to apply a fart. ;)