Weather

Cookie

We went from balmy 70's down to the 40's yesterday. Winds were gusting upwards of 50mph. Then things got interesting. We had a semi truck blown nearly on top of an overpass over railroad tracks. This overpass is quite high and has steep embankments. The long and short of it is, it took nearly an hour and 45 minutes to cut him free of the truck. He was pinned between the steering wheel and column and the seat. The truck was laying pretty much on the drivers side, twisted so he was in an awkard position. Stabilizing the truck, trailer on the bank with two firetrucks and a farmers tractor we commensed to cutting apart the inside of the cab. After getting him out and to the hospital where they immediately had arrangements made to transport him to a Level I trauma center, all hell broke loose.

More semi trucks blown over near Lincoln, Nebraska, which is west of us here, a tornado in Eagle Nebraska, torrential downpour where I live, tornados near Red Oak Iowa, which is east of me, and Stanton Iowa east of Red Oak. Sheds, roofs, and trees down locally. Not one life lost, and minimul injuries as far as I know.

Now this weeked we are to get snow! :o