Dustdevil

Another Mother Of The Year Candidate.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/pot.smoking.mother.2.961794.html

Mar 18, 2009 5:23 pm US/Central

Dallas Mom Charged With Smoking Pot Near Kids

Reporting: Jack Fink

DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ―
A 17-year-old
faces charges of endangering a child by smoking marijuana in a very confined space.

Dallas police told paramedics to take the teen's 6-month-old to Children's Medical Center for a medical evaluation. As of 9 p.m., there was word yet if doctors found drugs in the baby's system.

Desiree Sandner just turned 17 a few weeks ago. Test results for her son Isaiah aren't back yet.

mugshot.jpg

DPD's crime response team arrested her in her car just as she arrived back home.

Child Protective Services would not say if the infant was in state custody or if he is with relatives.

According to reports, officers Sandner placed "... a lit marijuana cigar on the front passenger floor board of the vehicle ..." and that they "...smelled a strong odor of freshly burnt marijuana coming from the vehicle."

The 6-month-old was laying in a baby carrier in the back seat, officers noted and was not secured by a seatbelt.

No one at Sandner's house wanted to comment.

Police note
CPS had previously removed Sandner's two other children
. When Sandner was brought to jail on Tuesday, officials discovered
she is pregnant again

"Tests revealed that she is pregnant and that's going to have to be worked out between her and Child Protective Services as to how she is endangering the lives of her children, not only the little boy already born, but the unborn child as well," said Dallas Police Sr. Cpl. Janice Crowther.

Edited by Dustdevil

Ok, so she has had THREE kids taken from and is PREGNANT again!!! Take her a$$ to the back and shoot her. Maybe she should just have a hysterectomy done so no other kids are exposed to her "wonderful" maternal instincts. She is probably living off of the government (which I have no problem with if you need it) and just sitting at home. GRRRR!! These people make me mad.

Has anyone tried to get this child some help. Apparently she needs something she isnt getting. The state has taken away her other two kids *I will not get on that soap box* I would have to wonder why CPS has not stepped up to the plate before now and tried to help this kid. But then again kids learn by the examples they see.

Apparently she needs something she isnt getting.

Sounds to me like she's getting too much of what she needs.

Fire her, and pull her credentials!

No wait, that one ain't right.......

Ummmm.....

Oh yeah, at 17 years old, shows another shinging example of the 'time out kids'!

For a second there, I got my 'causes' mixed up!

:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why don't we all chip in and buy her a bottle of tylonol. It will keep her from getting pregnant. How you ask? She has to hold one pill between her knees at all times.

But it does sound as if this young la.... person needs help. Someone needs to teach her about birth control. Someone needs to teach her about raising kids. This latest will be her 4th kid and she's only 17 so she has probably never attended even basic health classes in junior high as she was out making babies.

I won't even ask where her parents are. They apparently are either not around much or are pretty...umm...bad parents themselves. Yeah, you may not see the first baby coming at, what, not more than 14? But 3? And another on the way? Her parents should be taken out back and shot. I went to high school with a 16 y/o girl having her third baby. She confided in me that her grandmother, who had custody of her as mom was in jail and dad was absent, was making her do it to so she could stay on welfare. I think anytime a teen is on baby number two, cps should be stepping in. One could be an accident brought about by simple ignorance(giving the benefit of the doubt here). After that, it's pure negligence or in the above stated case of grandma outright abuse. For that matter, any teen having a child should be made to take parenting classes if they intend to keep the baby. Period, across the board, no exceptions. No teen has enough life experience to be a good parent. I wonder if this girl has any idea that she has destroyed her life before she really ever got started. Even if it's expunged from her record when she reaches adulthood, it's all over the internet and will haunt her(and her offspring) for life. Also, it makes me wonder what else her children could have been exposed to. If cps took the previous two, why was this one still in her custody? I just don't understand that.

It could be worse, she could have 8 embryos implanted in her. And I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but teenage girls have been getting pregnant for many decades, even centuries, even when there were sock hops and drive-ins and men were men and women wore their letter jackets. Look at her. Her parents are probably in jail or dead, and she was probably raised by her grandparents. Its not because they read Dr. Spock rather than tannin' thar hides, its because they probably had her when they were her age or younger.

It could be worse, she could have 8 embryos implanted in her. And I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but teenage girls have been getting pregnant for many decades, even centuries, even when there were sock hops and drive-ins and men were men and women wore their letter jackets. Look at her. Her parents are probably in jail or dead, and she was probably raised by her grandparents. Its not because they read Dr. Spock rather than tannin' thar hides, its because they probably had her when they were her age or younger.

I agree Asys, She is likely a 17 y/o with 33y/o parents who made a mistake 17 years ago and didn't know how to raise a child.

Heck my wife had our first when she was 18.....