pda downloads

Does anyone know of websites etc that have downloads (for pda) that are EMS or medical? Preferably free since I'm still not making real money. I'm just looking for something to keep my brain moving when my partner breaks out the PS2, or when he drones on about his mommy troubles. I need a distraction... Help!

There are several sites out there that allow for FREE PDA medical downloads.

1. www.epocrates.com

2. http://www.freeware-palm.com/tag-medical.html

And this is my favorite site with the most to offer!!!!

http://www.rnpalm.com/software_palm.htm

I hope this helps in your quest! I have a PALM m30 and got all my software from the sites above. When I upgrade to the PALM Centro Smartphone next month, I'll be revisiting the sites for software once again!

I have used Medical Wizards (.com) for software called "paramedics toolbox". This, by far, is the most used software I have found. it uhas everything from ACLS to basic CPR. The most impressive secton is the pediatric protocols. It automatically adjusts dosages for the given weight. This has proven to be invaluable during pediatric cardiac arrests. Trust me, you won't be dissappointed. NO, this is not free but what I have learned in life is, you get what you pay for. Good luck.

rob

Does anyone know of websites etc that have downloads (for pda) that are EMS or medical? Preferably free since I'm still not making real money. I'm just looking for something to keep my brain moving when my partner breaks out the PS2, or when he drones on about his mommy troubles. I need a distraction... Help!

Epocrates is great. I have it on my Palm TX and my Treo. I have a few other programs, such as ER Suite, and Paramedic Suite. Those cost money though, but not much.

Also, there is a free version of the Merck Manual. Merk Medicus! It is pretty cool with LOTS of information, and it is free.

Click here to visit their site.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.