Alberta Ems Representation

Hello fellow Albertan EMS workers.

As you all should be aware, the province is trying to take over our profesion. This includes lumping EMS workers together in with other healthcare workers in union discussions. The problem is that there are very few of us compared to nursing etc, and we may be easily drowned out by their voices.

If you feel that we should represent ourselves in union issues, please visit the following website:

www.ourparamedics.ca

Please feel free to use this thread to voice your thoughts on our future in union-land! I, myself, am not unionized, and am very curious at to what this may hold for me. :)

Take care, stay safe

N.

Freak,

CUPE 873 The Ambulance Paramedics of BC have your back! We know what you are up against. The best thing that EMT's in Alberta can do is to Unionize everyone that works in EMS. Be they in Calgary or Kananaskis. Get everyone under a Union flag that holds you separate from the other health employees unions. You do not want to be negotiating a contract with the lab techs, ECG techs, laundry workers (oh wait they were privatized weren't they?) etc.

We have our own problems here in BC right now but trust me we are watching and do care.

Good Luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.