Big problems and even bigger solutions

Just Plain Ruff

I was just reading a book and one part hit me as a question I would ask the group.

What problem or issue in the world is so great that it will take a group of governments to fix but private enterprise to capitalize on it?

The first thing that came to my mind was the internet. The internet was developed and started by (not Al Gore) but the government yet private enterprise has capitalized on it.

Any one want to take a stab at the next big thing that governments will start or initally fund but private enterprise will make either better or capitalize on?

The best idea or best thoughts will win a prize from the Ruff vault of super secret prizes.

I guess I didn't see the internet as a problem either. :dontknow: Maybe I'm misinterpreting the statement.

I think a few things have been created by the government and brought to the private sector.

To answer the last question only, I think Anthony has a likely "next big thing".

My guess would be mobilized surgical and higher level treatment centers being broght to medically underserved areas. It seems that one of the benifits of the war in Iraq will be the advancements in medical care on the battlefield being broght back to the states. Not that this concept is new, but I think it improve advanced care even more significantly than it already has.

ok, problem wasn't the right word. What issue or item is so big that it will take a government or group of governments to make it a reality but it will take the private sector to make it usable?

I believe the next big thing will be:

Some type of personal hovercraft to replace the automobile.

We will finally get the dick tracy watch (for the younguns, dick tracy was a cartoon from way back, but they were able to see each other and talk to each other on their wrist watches). Obviously we are pretty much there with the blackberry, just has to get smaller.

And honestly, i can see some type of robot that is very lifelike that is marketed for sex purposes.

And honestly, i can see some type of robot that is very lifelike that is marketed for sex purposes.

Made by the government? I don't think so. They will never get so tired of screwing the taxpayer that they'll need a robot to do it. If anything the pre-addressed envelopes from the IRS will be laced with GHB in the future.

Can you tell it's tax season?

Ha! Friends and I were just talking about that last night! It cannot come too soon for me! Women have become an unacceptable alternative.

This is definitely one technology started by the government, but being improved by private enterprise. However, I expect the government to be fighting this one, just because they cannot stand to see anyone happy. They're already debating the ridiculous issue of whether or not one can have an "underage" sex robot. Robot rights! Puhleeze. :roll:

Dust is gay? :?:

Well... technically, my right hand is masculine. :shock:

But I can assure you that my robot will not be. :D