How do you store the Zoll? (All those cords)

Seems like everytime I go to use our Zoll, I open up the back pocket to find a big birds nest of tangled leads and wires etc...

I guess there are enough EMT's that are not bothered by this that I innevitably end up with their mess.

I keep dreaming of finding some miraculous cure to fixing the problem... like some sort of cord organizer that is convenient and EMT friendly.... but havent came up with anything yet.

Meanwhile, I spend extra time untangling a huge tangle in front of my Pt if I dont organize the Zoll before my shift.

Any one else deal with this or maybe would you have some suggestions how to deal with getting all those lines organized so everyone is happy?

Appreciate the input!

~H

I try to take the time during my morning check out to organize all of the equipment how I like it that way I know where things are and that they are organized and perfect before I run a call... I have not heard of any commercial organizer for the zoll cables though sorry.

Around here it's usually the driver's job to restock all the equipment after each call, which usually includes replacing all the patches, rolling up the 3-lead cords in one pocket, the 12-lead cords in the other with an extra patch packet. The O2 sat gets rolled up on itself and wedged in the space where all the cords come out, near the carrying handle. Capnography, ped O2 sensor, large chest pads, etc all go in the back pocket.

Or some variation of that, but you always leave it ready for the next call. Only occasionally do people forget to roll them up nicely. If they bunch them up messily, the EMTs are usually asked to roll them up nicely.

Hello,

We have velcro strips. We attach them to the cords (just like belts on a stretcher or scoop) through a hole in one end. Then the over priced and delicate cables a coiled in a loop and held together with the velcro.

This made thing easier as opposed to fighting through a rats nest in a situation. Of course, this was a small service (3 ambulances and two planes) so they were easy to keep track off.

David

• 3 weeks later...

I am not endorsed by Laerdal, I am saying this of my own free will, the MRX will not only shock, pace, sync, 12 lead, sp02 and bp your patient, if you order now, you will get the deluxe model, that will think for you, act for you and even tell you where to have lunch.

THanks Laerdal, you saved my ass :D

Laerdal MRX, because more cables = more fun for you as a crew.

Scotty

184885.jpeg

LMAO thats hilarious.

I am not endorsed by Laerdal, I am saying this of my own free will, the MRX will not only shock, pace, sync, 12 lead, sp02 and bp your patient, if you order now, you will get the deluxe model, that will think for you, act for you and even tell you where to have lunch.

THanks Laerdal, you saved my ass :D

Laerdal MRX, because more cables = more fun for you as a crew.

Scotty

184885.jpeg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.