Problem with Smells. ( Odors)

Richrep

I note the sarcasm, but I was referring to the little bottles of vicks that have vicks jell in them, not the vicks tubes that fit comfortably in the nasal canal. These bottles tend to last longer, and you can glob a bunch of vicksgel in each nostril versus just taking a hit off of the tubes.

Yup combine that with the atomic fireball and you will not smell or taste the nasty.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

During a "dead body" call, I had nothing but a HEPA mask and some green hand sanitizer, smeared it in the mask and went in, didn't smell the body, but ended up with a nasty headache and a buzz. Don't recommend that one.

Talk about acting unprofesional. :D:lol:

sirduke to deceased family " Narly dude watch what happens when I do this to him" :twisted: :lol::lol:

Actually, the family was standing outside his door when we went in, one of his nephews was overheard to say, "Damn, I love Unk, but dat MoFugga STANKS!!"

He'd been down with the heat on for about 5 or 6 days. Lovely indeed.

Actually, the family was standing outside his door when we went in, one of his nephews was overheard to say, "Damn, I love Unk, but dat MoFugga STANKS!!"

He'd been down with the heat on for about 5 or 6 days. Lovely indeed.

Oh I hate those spoon them out calls. Nasty.

And after the call I just ran, let me add another NASTY smell. A house full of cats reeking of urine, some of which I suspect was the patients.

Now I'm having difficulty breathing, and the patient, a obese woman who smokes 3 packs a day wonders why she has difficulty breathing...WTF?

And after the call I just ran, let me add another NASTY smell. A house full of cats reeking of urine, some of which I suspect was the patients.

Now I'm having difficulty breathing, and the patient, a obese woman who smokes 3 packs a day wonders why she has difficulty breathing...WTF?

Adult protective services and the humane societyneeds calls from the sound of it.

For a little while it seemed like we had a rash of DB's that were down for about 3-9 days. One in particular was in a house, of which he lived like a hermit, and had been dead between 7-9 days in heat of 95+ degrees with no air conditioning. He had all the windows boarded over. He was very bloated and his skin was splitting from it. When you walked in the whole floor moved of maggots. Even the ME staff was having a hard time with it. My partner and I luckily got a call and we went skipping across the yard. We were so happy.

Before things were done and over, personnel that removed the body gave in and borrowed a couple of Scott-Packs from the FD. One of the guys said that in 30 yrs. that was the first time he had to do that.

Eventually they tore down the house because they could not get rid of the smell.