Most Unusual Home Remedy or Treatment You have witnessed ..

We had and used aloe vera plants too but I had never seen anyone drink aloe vera juice until last year.

Growing up we gad aloe vera all the time. My mother even had her own plants. But I can say for minor burns, skin rashes, sun burn, it helps a lot. Guess I didn't mention it because it seemed normal to me and didn't consider it anusual treatment.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had and used aloe vera plants too but I had never seen anyone drink aloe vera juice until last year.

I've heard about it being drank, but I never did. I imagine it's probably aweful tasting, but most oral meds are.

Mix up flour water, etc like you are going to make a loaf of bread. Place in cool dark place allow to starting growing mold. Scrape off mold and place over infected cut, bite, etc.

Actually is like PCN. In fact people with PCN allergy that accidentally eat moldy bread, tortillas, etc will have allergic reaction.

Mix up flour water, etc like you are going to make a loaf of bread. Place in cool dark place allow to starting growing mold. Scrape off mold and place over infected cut, bite, etc.

Actually is like PCN. In fact people with PCN allergy that accidentally eat moldy bread, tortillas, etc will have allergic reaction.

Isn't that basically how what's his name (I hate it when my mind goes blank) found PCN? There was a piece of bread that molded overnight on his kitchen table. And that gave him the idea for it.

Alexander Fleming... he actually had some Petri dishes with staph that he was culturing and he found some plates with this mold on them and almost hucked them, but then he took a closer look and realized that the mold spots were surrounded by clear areas with no staphlycocci.

And he went "Gee... that's funny" as most scientific moments of genius go...

:) Wendy

CO EMT-B

Alexander Fleming... he actually had some Petri dishes with staph that he was culturing and he found some plates with this mold on them and almost hucked them, but then he took a closer look and realized that the mold spots were surrounded by clear areas with no staphlycocci.

And he went "Gee... that's funny" as most scientific moments of genius go...

:) Wendy

CO EMT-B

Yup he took credit for treatment that had been utilized for centurys. I mean he refined it but really only scientifically proved that it worked.

And that sort of led other people to look for other antibacterial/antibiotic type agents and revolutionized medicine. It *does* make a difference if you can take something from "quack" status and elevate it to "medicine"....

;)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

And that sort of led other people to look for other antibacterial/antibiotic type agents and revolutionized medicine. It *does* make a difference if you can take something from "quack" status and elevate it to "medicine"....

;)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Are you saying the ancient ones were quacks? :twisted: I know what your saying though. :D I think they knew as with many things that something worked but with limited resources they could not prove anything beyond people got better. Sadly the experiments sometimes cost lives as someone would say hey wonder if this works? You eat it and lets see.

Now with improvements we eliminate many risks by lab testing prior to human tests, but eventually it all comes back to hey eat this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.