Is Having More Ambulances The Solution?

JaxSage

A City Has A Lack of EMS Coverage. How Would You Solve That Problem?  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• Petition city officials for additional funding for more ambulances
    • Rely on good ol' fashion mutual aid
    • Allow 911 operators to refuse dispatching a unit if necessary
    • Have 911 operators prioritize EMS calls
    • Allow EMS personnel to refuse anyone transport if one isn't needed
    • Have EMS personnel drop off non-critical patients at the main entrance and then leave
    • Just suck it up and deal with it!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You both received one as well. Please let me know that you got them. Also, I ask that you correspond with me privately concerning that matter. Thanks a lot :)

Jax I got it. Thanks.

Keep in mind I to have the right to deny transport. I actually have the right to treat, including using many of our drugs, then not take them to the hospital. The reason I have problems with your topic was the way you presented it, but do not feel bad I had many fights about it when I first joined. Because of some of those disagreements I have found some things that I automatically denied I take more time with and actually occasionally transport the 90 miles to the nearest hospital. In the decades that our service has had the privilege we have never had anyone die because we said no.

Keep posting but think it out carefully but don't be shocked at the replys, remember we have people of all types of backgrounds and types of services here. That is why we enjoy this site.

Here is a great example:

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...highlight=lunch

Durham County EMS has basics, Durham fire has intermediates and basics

I will never understand this system. Providing the Basics to transport FD's Medics isn't EMS, it's Ambulance driving. Just call it Durham County Ambulance and get it over with.

I will never understand this system. Providing the Basics to transport FD's Medics isn't EMS, it's Ambulance driving. Just call it Durham County Ambulance and get it over with.

I do not understand the system either....but Durham does nto fall under that system. The county ambulance provides the medics and the ambulance, the FD is for first response.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.