Hello from Montana

Mt Steve

I'm new to this site and to this field. In fact I was just checking out the possibilities of pursuing EMT work as a profession and found this site. If anyone has any sugestions or helpful hints, I would appreciate your input. In the meantime I'll just listen in see what I can learn. Mt Steve

Just jump right in. You can learn just about everything about EMS here. From rookies to the "old guard" everthing is discussed.

BTW: Welcome, have fun.

I'm new to this site and to this field. In fact I was just checking out the possibilities of pursuing EMT work as a profession and found this site. If anyone has any sugestions or helpful hints, I would appreciate your input. In the meantime I'll just listen in see what I can learn. Mt Steve

This is the best place on the entire web to do that. Kick back and start reading. It's all covered here.

Unfortunately, EMT work is not a profession right now. It's just a grunt job that pays very little. Even as a degreed paramedic, jobs that pay a decent living wage are few and far between. Do considerable research, both here and locally, before you waste a moment or a dollar on training.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome!!

I hope you have fun getting to know a few of us while you are here! And Remember this site has a lot of people, from all over the world, with different opinions and great knowledge 8) ! So have fun, learn, and keep going! :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.