24 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hold me to this, as I really don't recall, but I think the toll booth crash I referenced was

somewhere in Pennsylvania.

If it was video, then it wasn't the Porsche Girl. Those were only photos. The uber professional, world renowned California Highway Patrol took their crime scene pics, then immediately began e-mailing them to their loser friends, and you can guess what happened from there. The pics can be found at http://www.nikkicatsouras.net/ . But again, there is no vid. It's a scam if you click on the vid link.

In the City of Tucson, they are experimenting with Tele-Medicine...where some of the Cities' ambo fleet has cameras in the back, as well as outside in the rear. These are able to be turned on ONLY by the attending medic, and are used so that UMC can get a better picture of what is going on with the patient. The camera's are so good, you can seriously zoom in to see individual hairs on the patient's head (cameras are located on the rear wall, against the ceiling). These are recorded-as is any communication with the hospital-but it is for Pt care...not CYA.

A city near here tried that with a remote operated dash cam on a fly car. The medic would park the car in a position that the trauma team could access the video and operate the camera remotely from the hospital. 2 issues that canned the idea were that the trauma team really didn't want to be bothered and that there was no way to be confident the wireless transmission could not be intercepted by someone wth similar technology, resulting in a breach of patient confidentiality and a red face for the organisation.

A city near here tried that with a remote operated dash cam on a fly car. The medic would park the car in a position that the trauma team could access the video and operate the camera remotely from the hospital. 2 issues that canned the idea were that the trauma team really didn't want to be bothered and that there was no way to be confident the wireless transmission could not be intercepted by someone wth similar technology, resulting in a breach of patient confidentiality and a red face for the organisation.

The cool thing about this is...the Trauma teams here have been doing this with out-lying hospitals for several years with really good success-so they care, which is good. The actual picture shows in the ED "telemetry" room (where the radios are located).

In reference to the other...as far as I know, it's digitally scrambled and "trunked" to make it virtually impossible (note virtually) to descramble it, even if intercepted.

In the City of Tucson, they are experimenting with Tele-Medicine...where some of the Cities' ambo fleet has cameras in the back, as well as outside in the rear.

As the camera is operating, in essence, as a part of OLMC, I, personally, see no problem with that.

I have to say the general idea of having cameras in the back of an ambulance is fine with me, for security purposes, accusations, and if there was a question of misconduct, negligence, or the like. However looking on the side of this, I would have to say that if I was a patient, my privacy would be very important to me. We compare this to the hospital, which have camera's, but also have curtains. We cut off clothes and expose patients. So the question this brings up is - who would see these videos? Is this going against a patients right to privacy?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.