Paramedics with the Sheriffs Department

vcfd35s

Just for the sake of eliminating confusion and because sarcasm does not translate well to the written word, I would like to make it clear that my previous comment was sarcasm and that I am not a proponent of these multiple hat wearing careers.

Well what if the Cop gets shot ?

Does the Cop/Medic drive a cruiser or a rig ?

Or what if the FF/medic gets burned or injured at a fire.

Throw the patient on the Pumper ?

The dual role deal is frought with complications but the city managers will do anything to count the beans and come up with "cost cutting" measures, oh yea and why is there no "medic" on Corner Gas ? :)

cheers

Former: Well, if this comment is directed my way.

I think you missed the Flag ... I don't think I qualify for your reserves somehow.

Something about the wrong passport maybe ? Funny thing I helped out at Katrina and your homeland security sent me an application too ... but I think they missed my address and postal code.

I thought this thread was working in a dual role as LEO and Medic ... where did the volunteer Military Model come from, maybe I am missing something here, but yes if one can help out in crisis in another role all the power to them, I do swift water, Hi angle, +++ when I have a patient ... Medicine is my primary role.

IMHO can't do both LEO/Medic on a routine basis, well unless one is superman.

:?:

I thought this thread was working in a dual role as LEO and Medic ... where did the volunteer Military Model come from, maybe I am missing something here...

Ya gotta actually read the link before commenting on it, Bro. :wink:

I am looking to work with a large sheriffs department in southern california, and am looking to work as a medic once I clear my training and put some years under my belt. Does anyone know of anyone that is a medic/cop or have heard any stories? After speaking with many deputies it seems like a very sweet gig. Positions range from SWAT Medic, USAR medic, Dive team, Flight medic, and a medic on the boats. Cant wrong with any of that; so hopefully il find my kniche!!

Any thoughts?

Sorry My Canadian friend but i was talking to the starter of this thread....... The questions is qouted above....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.