It may be just a rumour, but...

EMSEDU

On the Darker side, most of the Paramedics involved in integrated services will jump ship in a freaken heartbeat, why would they want to stay in EMS even ? one does have a mortgage to pay ... and thats NOT roumer at all, has Calgary or EDM cut the fire budget ? NOPE!

Artickat: Would you take a pay cut? Move your family and relocate in a rural area where in most cases you will work 24 hr x 4 shifts instead of 2 days 2 nights ... without a union to represent you and loose all senority ?

cheers

Chuckle, I actually did just that. I worked in Edomonton back in the late 80's and moved to a rural Saskatchewan service. Granted I'm on 24 hour call, but I'm not doing 20 calls a day either. I was also single and quite portable at the time so it's not a fair comparison. My comment was actually meant to just be a tongue in cheek attempt at sarcastic humour. I certainly hope the city and province realise the mistake they are making, primarily for my own benefit. If Alberta is able to prove that less ALS services are better than more there will be many provinces that will be very interested in what happens there.

Well move over, I am looking at Tommy Douglas land myself ... if I could just get more information :wink:

EDIT: If you believe the flawed OPALs studies prove anything other than political influence then so me it ... OPALs has caused more disconcent and flawed thinking and has set us back in Canada 20 years !

Search OPALs in EMT city .. and how these stupid the studies (conclusions) were so biased especially in the Trauma comparison and so misrepresented. I debated OPALs with Dr. Westly (JEMS topic) ... he agreed and just laughed and said well good thing someone else has really looked at them with a critical eye. He was just attempting to generate controversy ... hes a hoot.

cheers

Umm WAKE UP your dreaming ! :shock: So with the scare of huge reccestion looming, gas prices making oilsands production back on there heals and City Planners trying to lower tax increases ... cough, splutter it just aint a reality at ALL. What is a reality is privatizing the cities services for EMS ... tell me it isn't the most viable option right now ?

Seeing as we can no longer LEGALLY take strike action ?

Except I wasn't dreaming when I was still under the impression that Calgary had continued to budget for EMS in this year's budget pending finalization of the funding transition. Read the whole thread and you'll see that's already been addressed and I was given more information I didn't have before.

Except I wasn't dreaming when I was still under the impression that Calgary had continued to budget for EMS in this year's budget pending finalization of the funding transition. Read the whole thread and you'll see that's already been addressed and I was given more information I didn't have before.

OOPs .. my bad ?

Sorry I was just fumming to see that Calgary Mayor Dave Bronconnier's is back tracking, taking note just how important we as essential sevices are reguarded ... the first cut to the buget nice, kinda makes thing clear in how essential we really are viewed . So ALL EMS in Cowtown take note when you vote in your NEXT local election, payback can be a bitch.

cheers

Not sure if this is part of the issue but there is a lot of thought out there that double ALS crews is a waist of resources, and that a good crew configuration is ALS/BLS.

Your right it has no part of the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.