nextel

Eric

I use to leave the house to get away from the phone. Now I have to carry one.

Where in your contract as a person does it state that you HAVE to carry one? Even with all my gizmos (which is why my Lady J sometimes calls me "Inspector Gadget"), I don't even have a cell phone.

... Even with all my gizmos (which is why my Lady J sometimes calls me "Inspector Gadget"), I don't even have a cell phone.

Go, go Gadget phone! Remember, Inspector Gadget didn't need a cell phone, one was 'built in' to his right hand. (Antenna was in the thumb, and the mouthpiece was his pinkey)

Most commonly used gadgets:

Gadget Binoculars: Binoculars lower down out of his hat and over his eyes.

Gadget 'Brella: A hand holding an umbrella that comes out of his hat. It can be used as a parachute. More often than not, he will fall rapidly when using his 'Brella' when it turns inside-out.

Gadget Coat: His trench coat inflates when he pulls one of its buttons and enables him to float — in water or in the sky. It is almost always deflated by being punctured, causing him to shoot through the sky as the air is released before falling from a great height. However, in "Winter Olympics" (Pilot episode, Season 1), Gadget refers to it as "Gadget blimp".

Gadget 'Copter: Helicopter propeller blades that come out of his hat that enable him to fly. Gadget has a second, "Spare" unit available in the event of failure (episode 9).

Gadget Cuffs: A handcuff comes out of his forearm just above his hand.

Gadget Hands: Several mechanical hands can pop out of Gadget's hat. These hands will sometimes hold various objects including a camera, a motorized fan, a spotlight, a can opener, and other useful things. Of course, there are times when they will also be holding something useless or unhelpful to the situation.

Gadget Legs/Arms/Neck: His neck, arms, and legs can telescope and extend to great lengths. Embedded into his left hand is a crank that can be used to retract the arm (episode 1).

Gadget Legs (springs): As well as being telescopic, his legs can also extend with springs, which is useful for jumping and landing.

Top-Secret Gadget Phone: A telephone in his hand. The earpiece is located in his thumb, while the mouthpiece is located in his pinky finger. This is one of the few gadgets that is not voice activated; Instead, Chief Quimby activates it by calling Gadget. (There is also a regular telephone inside Gadget's hat.)

Gadget Skates: Roller skates come out of the bottom of his shoes. He is often very clumsy and struggles to keep his balance on the skates. Later in the series, he tries adding his own modifications in the form of rockets that come out from the sides. These have even more glitches than most of his gadgets for their first few appearances.

Gadget Springs: A spring comes out of his hat (he also has one in each shoe), enabling him to bounce, usually when falling head first and hitting his head against the ground.

Other gadgets:

Gadget Flower: A mechanical hand holding a big sunflower emerges from his hat and can either spray water or sleep gas towards an enemy.

Gadget Ears: Metal cones that deploy from his head, around his ears, allowing him to hear better.

Gadget Lanyard: A mechanical lanyard extends from his belt buckle allowing him to attach himself to various objects

Gadget Flaps: Mechanical Flaps extend from his waist allowing him to glide smoothly, often used in conjunction with the above allowing him to attach to various forms of transport and escape precarious situations.

Gadget Hat Doff: When Gadget greets a lady, instead of doffing his hat, a mechanical hand emerges from his hat, in the hand is another hat; from this other hat emerges a second mechanical hand, which is also holding a hat. This gadget was only seen once, in the episode, Do Unto Udders.

Gadget Tie: His necktie becomes a lasso.

Gadget Magnets: Magnets come out of the bottom of his shoes. More often than not, the magnets end up sticking to any metallic object with a magnetic attraction, just like Captain Planet's "magnetic" personality. It is sometimes useful when attempting to avoid slipping on slippery surfaces.

Gadget Mallet: A wooden hammer held in a robotic hand that also comes out of his hat. It usually winds up bopping someone it should not -- sometimes even the Inspector himself.

Gadget Parachute: A relatively small, red parachute which was used only in episode #48, Do Unto Udders.

Gadget Respirator: A self-contained breathing mask and the only gadget that Gadget has to physically reach for and pull on as he said his "Go-Go-Gadget" command for it.

Gadget Refridge-a-Gadget: A gloved hand holding an unmarked aerosol can appears out of his hat and sprays a substance that immediately reduces the surrounding area to subzero temperatures. This gadget was only used in Gadget's Gadgets.

Gadget Siren: A police light and siren emerge from the top of his hat.

Gadget Skis: a pair of skis that extend out of the front and back of his shoes.

Gadget Teeth: Gadget's teeth deploy from his mouth and fly about.

Gadget Wind Sail: A huge wind sail emerges from his hat, which, when combined with Gadget Skis, allows him to wind sail down a snowy track (used in Winter Olympics and Bad Altitude)

Gadget Radar: A radar emerges from his hat (used in A Clear Case and Dutch Treat)

Gadget Pulley: A mechanical hand holding a pulley on a handle emerges from Gadget's hat to allow him to travel down a gondola cable (used in Amusement Park).

Finger Gadgets: There are several gadgets inside his fingers, accessed by taking the end off his finger to expose the gadget. These include a flashlight, skeleton key, laser, pen, screwdriver, drill bit, snow gun, corkscrew, water pistol, and whistle .