Soft Stretcher - Worthwhile or not?

Oscar

We've got disposable one time use tarps with lots of handles... I think we've got one per rig, I know the FD carries them and our supervisor's rig has one too. Good for large people and weird places. We also have a folding soft-carry type stretcher that locks to be rigid, and gets suspended above the bench seat for those annoying rural calls where it makes more sense to load everyone into the rig at once (especially if you have some nice lighter patients, like kiddos from an MVA...)

It's an aluminum frame with a soft suspension webbing... it's kinda like the old school stair chair material, 'cept it's a stretcher.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

North American Rescue Products Hasty Harness. Used properly, you have multiple purchases for providers to grab, and can use it for a variety of applications. Costs very little in terms of weight and cube.

http://www.narescue.com/Hasty-Harness-P147C140.aspx

'zilla

Doc,

I live right down the road from that company. They have some great products and do a lot of ERT and SWAT training at their facility. Nice group of people!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.