When Canada was born.

Arctickat

OK Dwayne your right you will get alot of back lash, but not from me I hope. The joke is funny as any but it can cause alot of offence to some.

I think you came across a big bunch of bad eggs and the problem is that once one of them start the others will follow, and that means in every aspect of the world. Alot of the times the bs starts from the top and it then will trickle downward.

Here is an example. When I first came to my community 22 years ago I was 20 and married to a private. We left a northern posting with alot of problems dealing with native people. We had a meeting with the WO before we left and he accually said to us "do not walk the streets alone because the indians will beat you with baseball bats" I have lived here and never been beaten with a bat and I think that it was totally uncalled for to create fear in the people that were moving here. I think the fact that the military tries to keep such total control of their members and families is a part of the problem and they don't want the military to have any emotional contact with any locals even the ones in their own country.

Another example is from my father who was a WO in the PPCLI. There was a big uproar in the forces about a civilian being killed in Bosnia. It hit the news hard and fast. When he watched the tv his only comment was "Why don't they ever report on the americans that are pegging them off the fences"

You see Dwayne the military no matter what part of it your in will always have those bad seeds and you will never get rid of them.

Personally I have met some great american nurses that come to our hospital and some bad but what the hell. I like americans as a whole as I do any nationality. One thing I say to my boys is "if you dislike someone because he's an ass hole so be it but don't dislike someone just because he is of another nationality because you may miss the chance of meeting your best friend ever."

Hope this help but you know me I ramble on

I guess I wasn't very clear, but these aren't medics we're talking about, at least I don't think they are for the most part, not sure how to differentiate in the hospital.

For the most part I believe I am refering to Dr.s and nurses. But again, if medics are commonly used in a like capacity as nurses in the Canadian military I could be mistaken.

Dwayne

I guess I wasn't very clear, but these aren't medics we're talking about, at least I don't think they are for the most part, not sure how to differentiate in the hospital.

For the most part I believe I am refering to Dr.s and nurses. But again, if medics are commonly used in a like capacity as nurses in the Canadian military I could be mistaken.

Dwayne

That's the interesting thing about medics in the Canadian forces. They spend an enormous amount of time functioning in a clinical capacity and in fact could easily be mistaken for doctors or nurses. Canadian medics are initially brought to the PCP (Primary Care Paramedic) level and from that point on are brought to a higher level in modules as their rank increases. Eventually some of them will be selected to become Physician Assistants. Once they become PA's their scope of practise is a big as the supervising physician deems appropriate. Including actions such suturing, and prescribing of medications. PA's can in fact bridge into physicians.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.