Sibbling down

Kiwiology

Eyedawn, seems we have similar instructors. No children of that age are to be left alone in a home (unless they are named Kevin, in a "Home Alone" movie).

I'm BLS, but I'd try to keep the youngsters from seeing any visually "nasty" interventions, and transport with the original patient. I say again, radio for the LEOs to meet us at the ER to take charge of the "Mini-Me's", as I am not going to delay care one moment longer than nessesary.

Besides, with the elder sibling who was supposed to be taking care of the younger ones being now unable to do so, by extension, I'd then be committing child abuse by leaving them unattended and alone.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....its time for a diesel bolus!

You know, hmmmm ............I think I just lost a few IQ points for reading this... :shock:

Maybe it's just me.. :roll:

Good thinking with the kids. Some don't figure the additional responsibility into the equation.

ok, we have a 14 year old with a steadily dropping heart rate. I'm getting really really nervous about this time.

If she doesn't get to definitive treatment she's goona code and she may just code to spite you.

The brother needs a 2nd ambulance so now we have to wait for that ambulance to get here..

This is gonna get nasty before it gets better.

Any chance to get a NG tube down her stomach to begin removing contents? You got her a surgical airway. the only other tube is her esophagus.

Prep for CPR - I think she's gonna need it.

Yeah well the other kid passing out didn't really happen, I just threw it in there for good measure :D

Addl Tx

TKO 1:1,000,000 epi drip

2x 5mg nebulized allbuterol through the BVM (sorry no atrovent)

Vitals are now:

BP 120/80

RR 12

SPO2 97% on 15L BVM

PR 80 regular and stronger

Monitor shows the tachycardia is slowing (let's hope it breaks to a regular rhythm)

GCS has gone up to four, get it while it's hot! 8)

Cops have shown up

Can't do an NG tube coz we don't have 'em (and this isint an OD anyway)

Can't do an NG tube coz we don't have 'em (and this isint an OD anyway)

Why not? They're not just for the OD. If your partner bagged them wrong and filled the abd with air ng tube helps remove it thus avoiding gastric spewage.

I agree spenac an NAG or OG tube to decompress the abd will improve tidal volume. I would also keep her ETCO2 between 35 & 40.

And if you want the truth about where I work another option would be to call for the helicopter that is stationed at the airport. Because she will be flown either from the rural ed I transport to or from me. But PD does a great job of taking care of me so it would be a very rare day that they wouldn't be there. If this call was outside the city and it was raining then the other kids would be a problem. But you do what you have to do. Belt them in and take them with you.