Freaking out on scene

fiznat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Fiz, don't get scared. I'm done, really I am. I blame some of it on working with literary theory right now... I'm right smack in the middle of gender studies, Queer Theory and feminist lit.

You sure you're in Colorado? Sounds an awful lot like where I work. :shock:

Thanks for the story spenac, Im reminded of an interesting day I had a few weeks back.

Im driving down Ocean Ave. past my old apartment in New London, theres an SUV in front of me and an SUV behind me. This road is residential... RITZY hoity toity residential.... you know, where theres like no trees or woods... suburbia type. Anyways, a huge buck runs out in front of the SUV in front of me, slams into it and flips over the hood tearing off some of its antler, gets up and runs off. I slam on my breaks cuz as is I was following a bit too close, and watch my mirror to make sure the guy behind me wont hit me. Would you freaking believe it a deer runs in front of him and he slams into it also. Ive lived in woodsy areas and never seen deers this big, and after about 8 months living in that area had never seen deer in that area once. So I warn the neighbors to bring in any kids and animals they might have and stay inside and check on both drivers then take off.

About 15 minutes later Im back on the same road and come to an intersection only to then witness a kid get hit by a car.

I mean what the hell, 2 deer strike in 5 seconds and then a kid a little later. Hell of a day it was. Im glad I moved out of New London.