Percussing the pneumo

mshow00

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the studies in front of me but there was a study done that showed that the needles we use are often not long enough

I guess it all depends on how "thick" your patient is. Patients get heavier needles need to get longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see how that is a great skill to get tho I can only imagine it would take months even years to really master. Having said that I would focus on other things than trying to percuss and figure out what you think you're hearing. Many things to assess and re-assess and more obvious vitals and breath sounds(or lack thereof) that will help head in the right direction.

Fair enough.

But think of this. For you to consider a hemo/pneumothorax that means you see the MOI as a possible cause of that injury which also means to me you are going to be looking and continuously assessing for other things (without mentioning the fact that you're likely to be driving hot over potholes, gofer holes with lights and whistles). Please enlighten me some more :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.