Non English Speaking Patients

Timmy

OK, my error. Then, again, Spanish has it's regional accents too, as Spain Spanish has at least 2 dialects, then add Puerto Rican, or Dominican Republic Spanish, and let us not forget Mexico Spanish, and all before you add the "Americanisms" to the hybrid language "Spanglish".

A friend of mine used to complain he spoke Spanish, as taught to him by Mexicans, but couldn't understand the Spanish of the "Neuyoricans", as it was spoken way too fast for him.

Are not the French fighting in France the import of "Americanisms" into the French language? The American English language is already using either words from other country's language origin, or making up stuff that sounds like it did. Perhaps this is from the vast number of languages spoken by immigrants as they entered the US.

I'll just touch on the "Castillion" Spanish, which sounds almost like a mild lisp (lithp?).

And yes, Belle Harbor is a nice neighborhood. The people of either Spanish or Portugese ancestry have money, and can afford the prices around here, the rest are from other European countries, with a large Italian and Irish grouping.

One thing I have noted. Due to tone of voice, no matter what language they are speaking, by that tone, you'll know when you're being cursed out!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic