Treating the K9 Officer

There are such animals? (Sorry. Couldn't resist)

What about an infant Non re Breather (NRB), with no attempt to seal against the dog's nose? I have no experience in this, and am guessing.

Just realized the unintentional joke,,,Canine and "Seal". Add the fish, as I said that on porpoise, for the halibut!

Somebody stop me!

[web:da7384389f]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16812596/[/web:da7384389f]

we here in nj caring those masks that weren shown at the end there. and believe it or not we have saved a good amout of aminals. who sits up at night and thinks of those things i dont know but..........

just thought id add my 2 cents. :roll:

I wonder if our PD has access to O2? Regardless it'll be a good idea for them to get K9 nonrebreathers.

Doczilla, where'd you get those doses for drugs from (not that I don't believe you, I'm just interested in sources). Also, I've heard of giving fluids subcu to animals but I'm just not comfortable with it since I'm used to humans. Can you elaborate on or give a source that might be able to elaborate on that procedure?

Definitely need to go talk to the department vet on that one.

Thanks for all the info folks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.