Safety Naps?

UMSTUDENT

If its that bad for you, maybe its time for another job..... :roll:

Thats the attitude that gets people killed. Honestly, I'm not held down by this current employer, but it is a good paycheck and a fairly progressive department.

I'd like to think that I'm a fairly valuable asset. If someone wants to have that attitude, and many employers do, they won't keep good people very long. These are the places with high turnover and constant ads in the paper.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the attitude that gets people killed.

But at least it's not you getting killed that way. If you want to put all this managerial and administrative book learnin' you're getting to the test, find a better solution than quitting. From the picture you paint, this doesn't sound like an organisation that will be very receptive to a college boy trying to tell them how to do things. Working within the system doesn't sound like an option. It actually sounds like even trying so would be the same as quitting. So what options remain?

But at least it's not you getting killed that way. If you want to put all this managerial and administrative book learnin' you're getting to the test, find a better solution than quitting. From the picture you paint, this doesn't sound like an organisation that will be very receptive to a college boy trying to tell them how to do things. Working within the system doesn't sound like an option. It actually sounds like even trying so would be the same as quitting. So what options remain?

Definitely correct there. Without elaborating further I'm waiting to acquire enough professional/vacation time to start school again on the side.

It's a fire department. What else can I say?

Definitely correct there. Without elaborating further I'm waiting to acquire enough professional/vacation time to start school again on the side.

It's a fire department. What else can I say?

Thankfully the way Don and I explained how we had worked has/is changing. You're right. Every time we rolled out we were flirtin' with disaster, literally. Like I said, it is only by the grace of God that something had not happened to me or any of the one's I was working with at the time. I can't decide if we did it because we didn't know better, didn't care, or were just plain adrenaline/trauma junkies, or all the above.

Change takes time. I can tell you are eager to change things. Just learn all you can, which will take time, and I'm not just meaning schoolin' learning, it's also experience. Good old fashion common sense helps.

And remember, you can't change everything by yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.