When can you take the EMPT-P practical exam?

I keep hearing you can take it in CA if you are atleast 250hours into your internship but I can't find anything official that verifys that.

Does anyone know if this is true or false and are you able to point me towards the right info? The NREMT site wants the "initial course completion date" which sounds like you have to wait.

Thanks!

As soon as you know how to spell the title correctly and yes if it is NREMT, one has to officially finish and successfully complete the program.

Ditto. You cannot even apply for the test without a course completion certificate signed by the coordinator and medical director. If there are any of those giving certificates away to people who have not yet graduated, I'm sure NR would like to know about it.

I suppose it is possible that some individual school may have their students meet all requirements for graduation before finishing the field internship, assuming they give a lot more field time than other schools. And those schools certainly could authorise their students to test before completion of the internship phase. I seriously doubt that happens much though.

About a month ago, I was in a meeting with Bill Brown CEO of NREMT and the discussion was made that the NREMT better not find any institutions giving the okay before the student has "graduated" from that program (this includes total completion of everything including clinicals).

Although, I know the Registry has many problems; it does appear they recognize them and as well attempting to correct them.

R/r 911

Thanks guys.

"I suppose it is possible that some individual school" ...... Not to name names but it begins with an N and ends with an I. I went somewhere else though. I think this was possible several years ago here in CA but isn't now. And when it did happen I don't think it took forging a completing date I think it was on the up and up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.