youtube shows your tax dollars at work

Michael

O>k. dust,, lets just say that if i were confronted with the same set of facts, I may have made the same decision to arrest her. Refusal to give back the football, admission of having the ball, refusal to sign a summons....... maybe an eye witness to the "theft".... cant fault the cops on this one...... gotta fault the ???

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the case were cut and dried (which this one is not), with no extenuating circumstances, we would still have the option of simply writing a General Complaint for petty theft, and not making a custodial arrest. I don't know the CCP in Ohio, but I find it hard to believe that those officers did not have that option. I think the captain was just being a dick and trying to be the Alpha dog. "You don't want to do it my way? Well then, I'll just resort to the most extreme option I have in order to show you who's boss!" I'm surprised he didn't taze her too.

If I find a twenty dollar bill in my yard, and a neighbour kid comes over to claim it is his, does that make it his? Does that mean I have to give it to him? Are you going to arrest me if I don't? Can you prove it is his? Can you fingerprint pigskin? The entire premise is just silly. He said-she said. Possession is nine-tenths of the law. It's a civil matter. Tell both parties that and leave. To stick around and take dubious action, and become the butt of jokes in the news over a football is extremely poor judgement for a police captain.