Help..i 'm lost...

T_LOLA

Second, what does being an EMT mean to you? Do you know what an EMT does? Do you know what an EMT does not do? Are you looking for a career, just a job, a hobby, or do you just want to know advanced first aid because you're an outdoorsman? EMT means different things to different people, and the advice will vary according to that meaning and your goal, so tell us about yourself, your motivations, and what you are trying to achieve.

This is such a critical question that so many people do not seem to consider before beginning school. Be sure you go in with your eyes open to the realities of the job if that is what you're looking for.

We all started at square one. So don't feel so lonely. It depends on where you are at, like what state, city, etc. , that can dictate on how to advance after becoming an EMT. Find out more about your local EMS system, they should be able to direct you in the right direction.

Exactly. Asking how to become an EMT is often like asking how to become a high school student. It is not a destination. It is just a means to get somewhere else higher up the chain of life. We need to know what your ultimate destination is to advise you intelligently.

As for the Subway Sandwich Shops, I prefer them over Quizzno's!

I love my Quizzno's, but yeah, Subway has a much better variety, so you don't burn out on them as fast.

I'm still pissed at Subway for discontinuing the crab meat, as well as cutting down to only two kinds of cheese. No Swiss or Cheddar? WTF? That seriously cut back on how often I go there anymore.

Welcome! Look around the forums, chat with people, and get a feel for how EMS is. A word for the wise, you will NOT get rich in EMS! Most likely you will not get any appreciation either. You will work wacky hours, get abused by patients, and in general treated like a runt by ER docs. However, the payoff is making a difference in peoples lives, knowing what you do actually matters, and meeting a lot of generally good people who are very genuine in their love for their work. Also, everyone is right about how being a EMT-B is a stepping stone to Paramedic. If your hearts not in it, maybe you should take dustdevils advice and look into being a RN, less time, more money. Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.