Babysitting on Scene....Whiskey Foxtrot Tango

sirduke

There is a service set up with St John here that is the caring caller service and from what I have heard *unofficially* that patients who are the ones that need babysitting etc *I love the term duke hehe* are referred to it and a person rings each day to see how they are and have those chats, that way they are still having contact with an emergency service aspect of care but then they are hearing that friendly voice of someone that wants to chat and help solve the worlds problems.

This will be interesting in years to come with paramedic practitioners making their mark and impression in society. :cry:

Scotty : )

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy I'm glad to see that we aren't the only service with this kind of problems. We have several frequent fliers in our county. When I come up on them it usually comes down to ... why did you call us today? Is there a problem we can help you with...if not can we call your family. Usually they just need help calling the family because they can't find the numbers or something like that... We are volunteers at our service and we spend alot of time "fixing' the problems that the patients think they have... It never stops amazing me that sometimes we get called for the craziest things...like I've been puking all day and I just need you to give me an iv and we don't have to go to the hospital..... or my favorite one... I just called because I fell down while on my way to get a beer and didn't know how else to get it, so I thought this seemed like an emergancy.... REALLY TRUE story!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.