PHTLS .....

Superemt1

I think it varies wildly from class to class, due to instructor and facility variations.

I think you really cannot judge PHTLS (or ACLS or ITLS or even CPR, for that matter) by one or even two classes. You can really only judge it by the content of the manual and curriculum, and hope you get professional instructors.

You'll have to read the text for most of the detail. The instructors have a lot of material to cover and in a very short amount of time. PHTLS dictates exactly how much time is to be given to each topic. It's hard to cover all the major points they want students to walk away with AND the deeper understanding. They really should emphasize reading the book completely before taking the class...

the other point to add with PHTLS is that the course expects you to be familiar with equipment and 'standard' procedures before attending and expects a level of understanding of A+P etc at a health professional level , despite it's relatively wide entry gate

I just received my PHTLS cert. and i thought the class was very good. lots of new INFO. But i think it could of gone into more detail. still very good. what do you think?

Lot of "new info" eh???

At at age 20, I am assuming this is your first PHTLS class, so how did you come to the conclusion that it has lots of "new info" as compared to what you knew prior to taking the course?

Do you have anything more to add to the discussion, maybe comment on some of the issues raised by other posters?

CONTENT REMOVED FOR DIRECTLY VIOLATING THE RULES OF THE SITE AND THE REQUESTS OF THE ADMIN. - ADMIN

I stated that would make a good discussion in chat. What was wrong with that? Wouldn't that be a better discussion in chat than some of the crap people bring up? I did avoid my usual direct statements of welcome to chat etc even though it was obvious as that was what this poster wanted. I apologize for what you took as a rules violation and as my ignoring your warnings.

Lot of "new info" eh???

At at age 20, I am assuming this is your first PHTLS class, so how did you come to the conclusion that it has lots of "new info" as compared to what you knew prior to taking the course?

Do you have anything more to add to the discussion, maybe comment on some of the issues raised by other posters?

Maybe he meant new info to him if it was his first class. It sounds like he found like most of us that the card courses just do not take enough time to really go into much detail. :dontknow:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.