Depressing ems story from England

NYC-EMS

That is depressing, the number of people that are trying to commit sucuide is unreal anymore. I have to wonder if its just poor coping skills that they never learn or is it just the society that we live in today? Are there too many pressures put on the population today?

I have very mixed feelings on this issue...1, I can see why someone would want to commit suicide to some degree. In cases like being diagnosed with a terminal disease, etc. sure...go for it, just don't take out anyone else in the process. 2. While I have only practiced in the Southwest (so I can only speak from that experience) there seems to be a lot of people who just can't handle life-ie the (sorry if this is offensive, some of the EMS/Fire/PD slang here) MH (mexican histeria) or HP (hispanic panic) types (DOESN'T ONLY APPLY TO THOSE NAMED) who come in with a kid who just stubbed their toe, and they are crying and carrying on as if the world is about to end, all while rubbing their Rosary Beads. They seriously need to wash the sand from their crotches and put on their big boy/girl panties. If you got a desire to kill yourself, go for it, just don't be selfish enough to do it in front of your kids-or anyone else for that matter. No one cares! <<getting off my soap box>>. Sorry. :D

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. However, you were making a sweeping statement about all suicides, not just commenting on this particular case.

Obviously, if you had read the rest of the post, you would have picked up on the fact that I was in fact commenting on suicide in general, using that particular case as an example.

Isn't that what I said? :?

Your comment about "psychology much" seems to refer to my original post, as does the statement that I was making a broad reference to suicide in general.

Then, you picked up on the only direct comment I made about the original case in the post where I refuted your absolutely ridiculously simple distillation of human motivation and ignored the rest.

Like I said... way to dodge the discussion. Want a cookie for that?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

The cop out of failure... the insistence that one is right without providing evidence to back up their position. Bravo, you're already stooping to worn out, tired devices. That's something you usually burn newbies to a crisp for... but I guess it's ok if you're the high and mighty DustDEVIL!

Whattsamatter, Dust? I scare ya or something? You used to actually refute my points, instead of running from them like a sissy. I think the pain meds have gotten to you .

Wendy

CO EMT-B

The cop out of failure... the insistence that one is right without providing evidence to back up their position.

Name one (1) human action that is not taken for the purpose of either seeking pleasure or avoiding pain.

There's your evidence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.