The Last Lecture

akflightmedic

I just finished reading this wonderful book and was quite moved by what it contains.

For those unfamiliar, it was written by Randy Pausch who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He had the opportunity to deliver his "last lecture" which is common amongst university professors when they are retiring, however this indeed was to be his last.

The book is filled with many relevant stories, quips, quotes that have great messages for people of all walks of life and from all backgrounds. It is not filled with pity me stories or mega religous overtones.

The stories are short, to the point and applicable to the many facets in life which we all have or will encounter.

I highly recommend getting a copy and enjoying the message within. The book is not drawn out, or too long....I was able to complete it in a 8 hour timespan as it was that interesting.

I have also read the book now, I have watched the lecture and I cried when I found out that Randy passed.

His passing moved me to the point that I have begun to write my own last lecture. It's pretty emotional to do this but I recommend it ifyou are looking to have insight into yourself.

As a matter of fact, it's so emotional for me that I had to stop writing for a while just so I can rethink a couple of things.

If you do write one, just put yourself in the mindset that you actually do have a terminal illness and you have 6 months or so to live. You have to be in the mindset that you have the terminal illness or it won't mean much to you.