CCB vs CPR

boeingb13

The theory about this is simple; we inhale approx 21% (20.89) O2, when we exhale we expel a mix gas containing approx 16% O2. Now remember that this is in a normal living, breathing, digesting, full metabolism churning ALIVE person. So it would make sense to think that in a non-breathing, not digesting, no alive person that the 02 uptake at the cellular level may decrease, so say the "dead" exhale 17-18% 02. This means that we use approx. 5% of the 02 inhaled Alive, the theory is if we are only using 5% per breath cycle, then there is plenty of 02 still in the bloodstream if you are not breathing for sometime.

I'm not saying that I either agree / disagree with this theory or method of CPR since I have not read any studies on it (they are out there, I just haven't ventured there yet). However, since there are plenty of studies proving that we over ventilate patients, and not allow for full chest recoil decrease return of blood to the heart (negative pressure) I'm curious to what studys of 100 /2 ect may show...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.