Explorer Post 911

lttlFF

I am starting an explorer post at my station, actually been around for over 8 years but was disbanned through the ambulance company I work for. Now, was approved to continue them at my station in Angelus Oaks, Ca. Anyone have suggestions about grants available for their training and equipment, I would appreciate it. Watch for more information about the post.

Thanks, Lisa

I have a contact with one of the EMTs connected with an FDNY EMS Explorer post. If you PM me your personal contact information, I can forward a printout of it to her, that she might contact you with further information such as you seek.

Your best bet is to do some serious fundraising with your post members. First of all, make enough to send someone to get their instructor's cert to teach First Responder. Then, start accruing gear...

Also, see if you can get a hospital contact/ friendly physician to associate with your post. They'll be able to offer invaluable advice where staying within legal parameters is concerned.

What does your post plan to do? Provide medical support at community events? Go up to scouting events to do med support? If they're not doing something active, they'll die really really quickly.

PM me if you want more discussion... I got my start in a Venturing Crew that does EMS.

Wendy

CO EMT-B