BVM

billy52

What exactly are you looking for here? You come to our site, give minimal information, and want us to give you some sound bites to back up your opinion that things weren't done properly. It is clear that you are not interested in an educated discussion about prehospital care or how things might be done on this particular call.

From the little bit of information you actually ponied up, it sounds like you were the driver and are pissed off about what you think was substandard care given by someone of greater training. You have given no information about what transpired during patient care in the back of the ambulance, and I don't think you really have any. You have clearly made up your mind already about the care, and have no real questions regarding care, but instead want someone to join you in lambasting someone in a situation where we don't know what transpired. If you want to know what happened, why don't you ask the medic who ran the call. If you have a problem with what happened, then why don't you ask the medic in front of the supervisor.

I question your motives in coming here and opening your first few posts this way. Come here as a professional or take a walk.

'zilla

Doczilla, on reading your posting, I went back to look at the original posting.

Do you find the wording suspicious, in that Billy52 says the tech "did not perform a BVM on a patient"? It seems to support your belief that this individual, Billy52, has no medical training, or is not yet immersed in our nomenclature, as we perform "breathing assist" WITH a BVM, as the BVM is a device used in a procedure, not the procedure itself.

I offer the possibility Billy52 may be an "ESL", or an "English as Second Language" speaker. Until this is proved to me not to be the case, I'll cut him some slack

Whichever way it truly plays, the individual needs to do a bit more research before posting

I propose OP is a person looking to sue someone and trolling for how to word things to make lawsuit sound better. Actually if patient just coded as described and only one person in back compressions only would be expected at that point. I will give no further aid to the *REMOVED -ADMIN* until proves otherwise.

I propose that the speculation should be transformed into a question to the OP via PM as to his intentions. You could also give the OP time to return a reply that may shed some light.

OP has had since Aug 2 to respond but none. So no response leads to much speculation. Looks like despite everyones initial attempts to be helpful OP does not choose to respond.