Resident BLS ER $325.00

Resident BLS Non-ER $250.00

Non-resident ALS-II ER $600.00

Non-resident ALS ER $525.00

Non-resident ALS Non-ER $450.00

Non-resident BLS ER $425.00

Non-resident BLS Non-ER $350.00

Mileage per loaded mile: $7.75

(ER=emergency Non-ER=non-emergency, ALS=Advanced Life Support BLS=Basic Life Support)

I pulled this from my Distrct's billing department. Hope that helps a little,

Thanks medicwithabullit, but CCEMTP simply showing up does not warrant being able to charge as far as 9-1-1 is concerned. I will agree with Rid and saboats on that one. There does have to previous interventions preformed prior to transport. My argument (I use this term loosely) was that since we do transfers from hospital to hospital with drips and vents much like those stated above, and don't charge a SCT charge to the Pts, we don't need a CC prior to our EMT-P. I will agree that it does put a spin on the standardization issue, and for those of us who have taken this class, knowledge of these practices are very benifical. The problem is that there are hospitals out there who will give a medic a crash course on how to work the pump, and send us on our way. The next step for the discussion would be to find out the percentage of Pts who suffered from the lack of SCT support in these situations to justify the charges.

Jake this is an example of the billing for ALS I AND ALS II:

Resident ALS-II ER $500.00

Resident ALS ER $425.00

Resident ALS Non-ER $350.00

Resident BLS ER $325.00

Resident BLS Non-ER $250.00

Non-resident ALS-II ER $600.00

Non-resident ALS ER $525.00

Non-resident ALS Non-ER $450.00

Non-resident BLS ER $425.00

Non-resident BLS Non-ER $350.00

Mileage per loaded mile: $7.75

(ER=emergency Non-ER=non-emergency, ALS=Advanced Life Support BLS=Basic Life Support)

I pulled this from my Distrct's billing department. Hope that helps a little,

Thanks medicwithabullit, but CCEMTP simply showing up does not warrant being able to charge as far as 9-1-1 is concerned. I will agree with Rid and saboats on that one. There does have to previous interventions preformed prior to transport. My argument (I use this term loosely) was that since we do transfers from hospital to hospital with drips and vents much like those stated above, and don't charge a SCT charge to the Pts, we don't need a CC prior to our EMT-P. I will agree that it does put a spin on the standardization issue, and for those of us who have taken this class, knowledge of these practices are very benifical. The problem is that there are hospitals out there who will give a medic a crash course on how to work the pump, and send us on our way. The next step for the discussion would be to find out the percentage of Pts who suffered from the lack of SCT support in these situations to justify the charges.

wow ALI you did your homework... B) I am not doubting this one bit, I know of a district that does it and was under the assumption it could be done. What you guys are saying does make sense, I just hope this district knows what they are doing is wrong..

Most of our systems (progressive) that have SCT have either adopted the UMBC or FP-C, or an internal one. The reason I am on a task force; attempting to develop regulations and guidelines. Yes, it is routine for most services either to charge for SCT if they meet the guidelines, (of course for interfacility transports) and some may not if there is not a CCEMT/P aboard rather a generic Paramedic. And yes, most programs in my state (I say most cautiously) teach above the general curriculum of the Paramedic. Again, most will not charge unless they can demonstrate that those individuals have met or successfully completed some form of a CCP course.

Even one of the largest EMS in the metro areas in my state will not transport a patient with a NTG drip unless they have one of their specialty care medics. The trick now is some hospitals realize that the ruling describes that the person trnasferring must be equal or higher trained and be familar with the treatment regime. Some are using helicopter EMS (HEMS) for such transports to meet the requirments.. a much more costly event than ground. Even most ground transports (Non SCT) 911 starts at a $1000 & up.. with speciality care at about $1500-$18000. HEMS starts about $6,000. I was shown by a patient a HEMS bill for $18,000 for a ER cardiac transfer that was flown < 25 miles, with only two IV drips..

Not trying to start another debate, but something else that needs to be investigated. That hospital based SCT can and will recieve a larger proportion than third party or private EMS. Many times a charge is placed under ICU/CCU that was performed by the SCT flight or ground crew. It does not matter where or whom performed rather the facility offered and performed the procedure/medication. No difference from the ICU or the HEMS ...

R/r 911

I notice Bob Page famous 12 lead book writer and instructor has the following after his name. AAS, NREMT-P, CCEMT-P, I/C

Bob is an active instructor for UMBC as well wrote the majority of UMBC cardiology portion and ... the cardiology portion of Bledsoe's CCP text.

I have talked to many instructors of the Critical Care Paramedic programs, Ohio, UMBC and even FP-C review courses, nearly all have stated there is few to no changes.. again, critical care is medicine and medicine is medicine. Can all improve ? Yes, but again most courses only teach what is minimal accepted.

R/r 911

I have also taken several courses by Bob and to say the least he is definately one of the most qualified instructors out there. I am humbled by knowing him.

I have also taken several courses by Bob and to say the least he is definately one of the most qualified instructors out there. I am humbled by knowing him.

I am jealous. I have read some of his writings. Wish I could go take his EKG course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.