New Medic Tips

zebra_emt

A few things...First, congratulations!

I'm impressed with your post! Smart, respectful, good job.

Unfortunately, many of those posting after couldn't show you the respect to respond with correct spelling, capitalization and punctuation. I think there were some smart responses but they were lost in the 3rd grade presentations.

Also, CaliMedic209, good questions but it's more respectful when you have questions on a completely different topic that you start a new thread so that others will continue to answer the original posters questions in the thread he started. Just trying to help you understand, not trying to take your head off.

Lastly, the first, most important skill for a medic is calmness. You can't think and respond correctly if your head is all bunched up. And assessment IS Paramedicine. Make sure you take your time, even when the ca ca hits the fan, to seek out all of your signs and symptoms, develop your differential and then make intelligent treatment decisions. It doesn't matter if you look like Super Medic if you aren't treating intelligently and verifying positive results. See?

Good luck to you. I have a feeling you're going to be a super medic and an asset to the City...Thanks for posting.

Dwayne

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things...First, congratulations!

I'm impressed with your post! Smart, respectful, good job.

Lastly, the first, most important skill for a medic is calmness. You can't think and respond correctly if your head is all bunched up. And assessment IS Paramedicine. Make sure you take your time, even when the ca ca hits the fan, to seek out all of your signs and symptoms, develop your differential and then make intelligent treatment decisions. It doesn't matter if you look like Super Medic if you aren't treating intelligently and verifying positive results. See?

Good luck to you. I have a feeling you're going to be a super medic and an asset to the City...Thanks for posting.

Dwayne

Well put, Dwayne. I'm glad you said to keep calm. Do not to panic no matter the circumstances. 8)

Hey Cali and Zebra, thanks. Getting nervous here. Not because I haven't studied, just hoping I remembered what I studied. Yesterday at practicals was the the first day all over again, don't know why, summer fun bug hitting maybe, or my wedding this weekend, one of the two.

Well with my luck, I will nail every pathophys and cardiac question along with the bizarre medical scenario, and forget what the ABC's are. Hey seriously though folks, thanks for the input.

Hey Cali and Zebra, thanks. Getting nervous here. Not because I haven't studied, just hoping I remembered what I studied. Yesterday at practicals was the the first day all over again, don't know why, summer fun bug hitting maybe, or my wedding this weekend, one of the two.

Well with my luck, I will nail every pathophys and cardiac question along with the bizarre medical scenario, and forget what the ABC's are. Hey seriously though folks, thanks for the input.

Anytime. 8) Have fun this weekend. I'd say you're having a combination of the fun bug and getting married jitters. It's natural.

Now, do we need to discuss advice for the wedding night?

Thanks for the offer doc, I got that part covered. I think it is the lack of walleye fishing this spring and summer that is affecting me. Not to mention I am anxiously awaiting the fall walley trip, not to mention that deer (bow) season is only 8 weeks away now. I think that is most of my problem. Later.

• 1 month later...
Congrats welcome to the wonderfull world of para-medicine. One key to this job never stop leaning.

leaning? Leaning what?

I really do know what you mean though.

In line with the posts on keeping calm, one of the things to remember is, it's NOT YOUR emergency. You were only asked to help provide a stablizing force to an out of control situation. Good luck! Remember with the wedding...what's the phrase, never point a loaded gun at anything you don't want ....oh oh my kid's screaming! Good luck! :D

Dustdevil... its not disrespecting yourself or the profession by volunteering. maybe for you and where your from it is who knows, but anyways congrats to those of you to pass the nremt-p! i hope to get that far sometime in my life. :thebirdman: to you dustdevil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.