New Medic, Looking to Explore.. Suggestions?

cdcmj

Have you looked into university towns? Tallahassee Florida I believe is run by Leon county EMS. I don't know anything about their system but there is no place better than the capital for a single guy 8) Im not f---ing kidding on that. I was up there a little while ago when school wasnt even in session, the place was heaven on earth. I cant even imagine what its like when school is in session.

I live in pinellas, but I don't work for sunstar and I never had the desire to. I'm in medic school now and half of the students work for sunstar. I have yet to hear anything positive about paramedics plus/sunstar. The sunstar contract is up soon and the idea of going to fire based ems/transports is in the air(but that may never happen). Sunstar also does interfacility transports, another negative for you. Fire is really the only way to go in pinellas if you want to live comfortably, or you can work in a hospital(3 trauma centers, Tampa General-1, St. Josephs-2, Bayfront Medical center-2)

Thats my rant/opinion.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raleigh NC is a fun place to work and live.

Check out what Wake Co. has to offer. In NC there are also other great services in New Hanover County , which is right on the beach. Wilmington is in New Hanover Co., and there is a state university there, UNCW. In Charlotte there is Medic , they are always hiring. I have heard good things about the system, but two things about them, like everywhere they are understaffed, so you will run alot of calls, and they have system status management. All the services as far as I know do only emergency runs, except maybe New Hanover, you would have to go to their site and read.

If you want any more information about NC, let me know, there are a few of us around who can help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.