Why did you get into EMS?

Why Did You Get Into EMS?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• It's a calling from God and I must obey!
    • I didn't know what else I could do in life
    • Parents told me to get a job or get out the house
    • I wanted to do something in the medical field
    • I just kind of fell into it...don't ask why

Didn't we just do a thread like this? I honestly can't remember but this seems familiar.

Anyway, I always wanted to harvest organs for the black market, I thought EMS would be a good starting point - We'll see what the future brings!!!

I got into the biz for the HOT nurses, the even hotter doctors and the fact that I could completely undress the super ultra hot chicks and keep the ugly, weight challenged patients clothed.

Plus I got to be a legal drug pusher. 1200 bucks for transport and 2mg's of morphine, I got to keep the rest.

Truly, do a search in the future I think this has been covered ad nauseum(sic) in the past year or so.

To run around with lights and sirens, and to collect cool patches, and to help people, especially children and old people, and to learn CPR, and to be able to stop at the scene of accidents when off duty, and to help people, and it gives you a cool uniform, and you learn cool stuff, and you can save a life, especially children and old people...

I know where this thread is goin, down the proverbial toilet, but at least I can try to perform a water rescue to save it.

When I was little, I wanted to be Batman, Superman, Indiana Jones, a paramedic, a police officer, a doctor, or a vet.

Well, I'm just about too young for the last three; I'm not a guy, so that eliminates the first three; I'm also not from Krypton, so that eliminates Superman again.

Not a paramedic yet, but I will be soon, so EMS in general was the best fit. Not to mention that it's a damn good job for a college student.

it was weird, when i worked at my fathers bar, one of the office personel worked at the local squad and invited me down to see what she does.

and that was it, a year later i was an emt and soon there after i had 9 letters on my arm.

I worked with an oral max surgeon for two years and saw plenty of grusome things coming into the ER...I moved and fell into the nurse's office at the school district and noticed the lack of training within myself so I am taking the EMT basic and maybe following with paramedic...I have always been in the medical field in some form or fashion...taking baby steps I guess...I'm getting to old for this ...not really..I could be perfectly happy being a student for the rest of my life just learning...aren't we all students of life anyway?