Working EMS in the Memphis, TN area;

In my short time on this site Ive seen a great deal of knowledge from all over... so perhaps someone can help me.

Twords the end of August my girlfriend and I will be moving from Connecticut to Collierville, TN. I have a valid CT EMTB and plan to upgrate to TN EMTIV when I can enroll in the next available class. We dont train at the IV level here anymore so Im not even sure what the national standards are. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Besides Rural Metro, what other companies are near that I can work for? Id prefferr EMS only (municipal/private/commercial, no matter), will consider FD if not required to flip back and forth from FF-EMS. Known reputations/opinions of these companies would be helpful too.

What are the standing orders for EMTIV and what can they do with med-control?

Cardiac monitoring?

How are relations with hospitals, police, fire (if EMS only) etc...?

How are the medic courses? I deffinatley want to go medic and possibly RN or RRT at some point.

Anything else you think may be helpful would be great. Thanks in advanced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.