Do you warn other motorist that cops are around? Dangerous?

spenac

Do you warn other drivers about cops?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Some times

I don't flash my lights at anyone while in my POV. It is more than an urban myth when it comes to tales of gang selection of victims and road rage. I have had an ICU full of people with those tales to tell. It doesn't take much to set the wrong person off into a rage or a dare. We recently had a mother and her 12 y/o son shot for flashing lights at the car in front of her. The car pulled over and shot both as they passed. Then, they sped away.

If the person is warned, they will speed up again as soon as they think it's clear. The LEO will not have gotten a chance to lecture them on the dangers of speeding or at least get their financial contribution to the city or county.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were talking about signaling oncoming traffic that a speed-trap awaits them, by powering your headlights entirely off and on a few times, rather than that we were talking about alternating brights and non-brights in order to signal someone in the same lane directly ahead of you to speed up or let vehicle pass.

Or maybe I'm in the wrong gang.

Either way, I don't flash my lights. Granted, some people here may live in rural areas where they know everyone they are flashing their lights at. Of course the other side of me doesn't care who you flash your lights or not or why since we could use more organ donors to keep up with the demand.

I remember reading on a forum like 10 years ago that people do this...I've never really seen it happen around here, though...maybe it's more common in rural areas...the headlight flashings?

Anyway, realistically it's not a big deal. Speeders are a dime a dozen and most within 15MPH of speed limit. Obviously you don't warn a guy who's just going crazy on the road...in that case most people root for the cop pulling him over....but in some areas where it's just a lame speed trap kind of deal I wouldn't really care. Just me.

So I guess I am the only one that thinks there would be a chance that by warning on coming traffic of a speed trap that you could cost someone their life. That you could be aiding a kidnapper escape capture. Wow.

So I guess I am the only one that thinks there would be a chance that by warning on coming traffic of a speed trap that you could cost someone their life. That you could be aiding a kidnapper escape capture. Wow.

no I don't agree with your premise.

Remember that most kidnappers take their victims to a place known to them. It's not a random thing(some may be though). If the kidnapped person is not found within 24 hours I think the fatality rate is very very high.

I think that the odds of a kidnapper getting caught in a speedtrap is so miniscule that it needs to be taken out of the equation all together.