Question on blood supply in the body

I was reading up to refresh my self on cardiac problems and my book said failure to get blood throughout the body or to provide nutrients and remove wastes can cause serious conditions and even death.

What kind of conditions? It's not COPD is it? I don't think it is CHF. I am I missing something?

Inadequate perfusion??

Shock

Shock

Shock breeds shock. Without oxygen delivery to the cells and CO2 being removed, they go from aerobic to anaerobic metabolism resulting in lactic acid build up. The sodium/potassium pump fails leading to potassium moving out of the cell and sodium moving in. Excess sodium in the cell leads to cellular swelling and lysing of the cell. Potassium moving out leads to hyperkalemia and cardiac dysrhythmias.

As I recall anyway.

ptemt wrote

The sodium/potassium pump fails leading to potassium moving out of the cell and sodium moving in. Excess sodium in the cell leads to cellular swelling and lysing of the cell. Potassium moving out leads to hyperkalemia and cardiac dysrhythmias.

What is hyperkalemia? What kind of dysrhythmias? I have heard of things like SVA, and stuff like PVC do you mean things like that?

if no or inadequate blood is circulating may be harmful for the organs / brain. maybe chf because that is a condition of excess fluid in the lungs because of inadequate pumping of the heart.

Negative ghost rider.

CHF is when the ejection fraction of the heart drops on one side. Normally the right ventricle and the left ventricle pump the same volume of blood over the same period (there are small variances over time, but it averages out. The big difference between the two sides in a normal adult is pressure), but if one side isn't pumping the same amount of blood as the other, the blood backs up into the veins increasing venous pressure.

This increase in venous pressure can drive fluid out of the capillaries in the lungs at a greater than normal rate and it's this movement of fluid that leads to pulmonary edema ("fluid in the lungs") in patients with left sided heart failure.