Its vest time....

Then so be it. Similar attitudes are reflected throughout EMS and this isnt an opinion shared only by myself. Yes its irresponsible and yes a hazardous situation that doesnt need to exist. I would not expect workmans comp given that i wouldnt have been wearing a vest when im theoretically hit. Its just a choice we all make. nothing more

Once you gain field experience, you will learn how the system works.

It is not your personal choice to wear it or not. This is a regulation, you and your system will have to follow it. You system will be hit with fines, if you are caught without one. I would bet that they are gonna pass it on to you. :wink:

They are not cumbersome. I can do everything I normally do, with one on. The lightweight one are great, you don't even realize you have it on.

:shock: :shock:

I don't know what to say....

for once, I am at a loss of words.

Should you get struck, I will be sure to let everyone know that you were a reckless, irresponsible buffoon, who refused to take 10 seconds to put on a VEST.

Let me guess, you don't wear a seat belt either too? Takes too long, or is it too restrictive?

Then so be it. Similar attitudes are reflected throughout EMS and this isnt an opinion shared only by myself. Yes its irresponsible and yes a hazardous situation that doesnt need to exist. I would not expect workmans comp given that i wouldnt have been wearing a vest when im theoretically hit. Its just a choice we all make. nothing more

Ignorance is not knowing, stupidity is a repeat offender...................

You acknowledge the hazards and continue to exhibit a hazardous attitude. Fortunately for us when you get plowed over on the road for not adhering to commonly accepted safety practices (and yes the practice is more common than your assumption of what other idiots say), someone who is safety conscious can take your place. Yea for us..................

Sorry, but your post exhibits the Websters definition of stupid! [-X

For your viewing pleasure........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAdAjtbpM6k...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVNn2WqE3eo...feature=related

it's a start

is ansi class2 is as shown in the video ???

in europe you need to wear EN471 class 3 on anything other than suburban roads ( or a combination that comes up to class3 - so sleeveless fluoresent and fluoresent and reflective on fire gear can add up ... ) class 2 otherwise , class1 is additional items ( e.g. over trousers) or just for use in evnvironments like wear houses where you have fork trucks and pallet movers ...

the easiest way to achieve class 3 is a sleeved garment ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.