Do you support amnesty for Illegal immigrants

Just Plain Ruff

Do you support amnesty for Illegal aliens?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

All I want is a Yes or no answer. Do not make this into a political discussion. If this thread can stay civil then discuss but if it becomes politically charged or gets down to name calling and the like then I'll ask it to be locked.

I'm just wanting to know in an impromptu poll whether or not our responses here reflect the national polls.

CAVEAT This has nothing to do with what nationality you are. If you are mexican, african, eastern european or Antarctican it makes no difference in this poll. Illegal is illegal.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes them illegal?

The government says they do not even exist.

However, if some were to land and become known to the public, would there be a need for us to give them amnesty?

then why does the government say that there are 12 million illegal immigrants. That's a figure that was posted on a web site i was on.

But if they don't exist then why does the government want to give those that don't exist a path to citizenship?

oh my goodness yes I did miss it.

If anyone watches Jeff Dunham and his friend Peanut, just do the hand gesture over my head.

ruff slinks away with tail between legs and into cave.

Those 12 million illegal immigrants consist of several different nationalities from several countries. The fact that the U.S. government treats some very different than others makes this a highly charged issue. Just the issues concerning illegal immigrants in Chicago, NYC, Miami and Los Angeles are vastly different. You then have the differences between the students from elite universities that remained after their visas expired to the farm workers in the southwest.

There's also the difference in treatment for those seeking political asylum and the refugee status. Quota mandates are placed on some and not others. Cubans, Haitians and other residents of politically embattled countries are all treated differently in the hands of the U.S. government regardless of the laws on the books.

One can not just speak of a certain population of illegal immigrants and not deal with the other groups fairly also.

I don't believe in amnesty across the board. I believe in due process if they are willing to do the paperwork and be finger printed.