Here's an interesting one...

mark

So here's our answer. As we move the pt to the truck, the wife runs out of the apartment building with the pt's shoes. She catches up with us and says, "He might need these. Oh, and I forgot to tell you...when I found him in the bathroom, I went to the kitchen to get some honey and put it in his mouth." Of all the things you wish you could have known right away. It was a hypoglycemia-induced seizure, no new neural problems, and no narcotics on board. By the time we got to the hospital, the pt was answering questions and coming around nicely.

Oh...and just to let you all know, I took and passed my medic test this week! I'll now be saving lives Disco Style!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's our answer. As we move the pt to the truck, the wife runs out of the apartment building with the pt's shoes. She catches up with us and says, "He might need these. Oh, and I forgot to tell you...when I found him in the bathroom, I went to the kitchen to get some honey and put it in his mouth." Of all the things you wish you could have known right away. It was a hypoglycemia-induced seizure, no new neural problems, and no narcotics on board. By the time we got to the hospital, the pt was answering questions and coming around nicely.

Oh...and just to let you all know, I took and passed my medic test this week! I'll now be saving lives Disco Style!

Congrats, Mark.

By the way, Disco Sucks :P

• 2 weeks later...

BEorP- I have seen several services (including the one I am doing my paramedic ride time with) that have protocols for unconscious unknown to give narcan and D50. The medics I have seen, and what I would do as a medic student is to get vitals first (BG included) before administering any medications.

BEorP- I have seen several services (including the one I am doing my paramedic ride time with) that have protocols for unconscious unknown to give narcan and D50. The medics I have seen, and what I would do as a medic student is to get vitals first (BG included) before administering any medications.

That's what needs to be done, base-line vitals.