IMPORTANT Advice

this topic came up in my basic class and my instructors said to count milage and time . i said why not cameras . they responded cost to much. i think companies should install fake cams at the least and tell tell their workers that they are real. but either way i am all for cams they can protect you in any situation not just the one being discuss here

Can you say HIPPA Violation or Breach of Confidentiality? You will not see cameras in the patient compartment of a rig.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say HIPPA Violation or Breach of Confidentiality? You will not see cameras in the patient compartment of a rig.

There is more than one company with cameras in the rigs in Canada. City of Calgary is one I believe.

There is more than one company with cameras in the rigs in Canada. City of Calgary is one I believe.

Not sure of the Canadian laws. I was pretty much making a reference that pertains to the US.

I would be interested to know who has access to the data from those cameras. This leaves doors wide open. I can envision a bunch of weekend warrior EMT's chuckling and pawing through video to point out the "hot chicks" or funny moments with such a tool. There's nothing like a video to go with a war story!

I would be willing to bet that at least half of the patients picked up are uncomfortable with the recording of their patient care. I know I would be!

Not sure of the Canadian laws. I was pretty much making a reference that pertains to the US.

Ya I know, I just haven't posted in a while :lol:

Seriously though, I totally agree on the access thing. I can see alot of crap ending up on youtube and personal blogs. Never really thought of that!!

Kind of unnerving that in the same post as a protect your innocent self post there is an example of rape. Really does not look good.

Yes, there are false accusations, but I would say that it should be done on the basis of patient comfort.

Quality patient care and good reports and communication should be adequate protection for the non-raping EMT.

It can become just crazy the fear of falsification. Example, when 37 weeks pregnant with twins boy, then known as B, was so high that I could not breath and fainted. My husband lowered me to the floor and called 911. I had the closest 4 medics (more witnesses) their 2 basic drivers and then 2 female medics in my living room all for a nasal cannula and explanation of what had happened. They told me that they were all there because protocol stated that when makes treated females anyone available was to come and witness.

They actually hesitated to go on a "real" call that came in while in my living room. They did go, I was fine :) Just an example of overkill lol.

Kind of unnerving that in the same post as a protect your innocent self post there is an example of rape. Really does not look good.

Yes, there are false accusations, but I would say that it should be done on the basis of patient comfort.

Quality patient care and good reports and communication should be adequate protection for the non-raping EMT.

It can become just crazy the fear of falsification. Example, when 37 weeks pregnant with twins boy, then known as B, was so high that I could not breath and fainted. My husband lowered me to the floor and called 911. I had the closest 4 medics (more witnesses) their 2 basic drivers and then 2 female medics in my living room all for a nasal cannula and explanation of what had happened. They told me that they were all there because protocol stated that when makes treated females anyone available was to come and witness.

They actually hesitated to go on a "real" call that came in while in my living room. They did go, I was fine :) Just an example of overkill lol.

whoever thougth of that policy on sending everyone to a female who fell out or whatever was a MORON with capital letters.

There should be no reason to send a dozen people to a single patient. What an overkill.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.