what would you do at this mva

What would you have done?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Not pulled over
    • Just called a tow truck
    • Mentioned the possible DWI when calling the police

Hands down to calling the PD. If he was drunk enough to wreck in the first place he was drunk enough to cause a 2 vehicle wreck. This guy needs to learn a lesson from this besides just a damaged car. He could have easily killed a child,mother,or even someone you know. I have no pity for him honestly he earned what he got.

You did the right thing. PD needed to be notified regardless of the reason WHY he was acting like he was. If it was ETOH - too bad for him. I have no sympathy for impaired drivers. If it was medical - then someone needed to take a look at him.

As for driving past MVA's and calling them in on your cellphone - I guess personal experience dictates what you will do. While pregnant with my first child I was in an MVA at a fairly busy intersection. Looking back now, it amazes me how NO ONE stopped to see if everyone was OK. When EMS rolled up they never even got out of the ambulance - just wanted to know if I "thought" I should go to the hospital! Gee, I don't know, I'm seven months pregnant with my first child, some idiot just wrecked my truck because he wasn't paying attention, and I've already got a knot on the top of my head where I snapped back and struck the rear window - oh and I don't work in medicine so I have no clue that I just screwed up my cervical spine and will have problems with it the rest of my life.

Needless to say, even before my EMT training, if the scene appeared safe then I would stop and make sure they had at least called everyone they needed to. We all know that regardless of whether or not they are injured - they are definitely shook up and possibly not thinking straight.

I'm not bashing anyone for choosing not to stop - just sharing why I do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.